Black salt is one of those inexpensive magic tools anyone can enjoy. You don’t need to buy natural black salt (which is more grey than black) for magic but can make your own black salt from items you already have in your home like table salt and ashes from burning herbs like sage and cinnamon. Black salt is great for protection magic as black is known for the ability to absorb negative energy. these uses for black salt will help you find ways to use it in your everyday magic.
Uses for Black Salt
The biggest and most valuable use for black salt is protection. Salt its self is used for protection in magic. When you change the properties of the salt and charge it with the addition of black ashes, charcoal, and other protective ingredeintes you are adding to the already potent protection properties of the salt. Use black salt to draw sigils for protection around your home, create a protective perimeter, or add to spell bags and bottles used for protection.
Black ritual salt is a great option for casting circles. While many witches use salt when casting an energy circle or a circle of protection you can take it up a notch by using black salt for casting circles. This can be particularly useful when you are working with spirits and need an extra layer of protection.
Balck salt is great for cleaning negative energy. While we all know you can help clear negative energy from your home with salt and a broom not everyone knows how useful black salt can before cleansing away negative energy. The color black is powerful for dealing with negative energy and the reason why many witches are so drawn to wearing the color black. If you use the ashes from smudging your home when making black salt you can transfer the energy of the herbs you used to smudge to your black salt to assist in the removal of negative energy.
Black candles are great for protection magic and burning them consistently can help add a layer of protection to your home but finding large black candles can be a challenge if you are not a dangle maker yourself. Black salt can be used to make any candle protective. Simply melt the outer layer of wax or dip into a pot of melted wax (the remnants of old candles works great for this) and roll into black salt. These candles are great for protection and banishment.
Most simple ways to use black salt
- Black salt is great for drawing Sigils. Use dry on a flat surface or mix with water to use your black salt like watercolor paint for drawing sigils. This is particularly useful for protection, warding off evil, and breaking curses and hexes.
- Place a think line of black salt along window sills and thresholds to ward off evil from your home.
- Add to mojo bags, spell bottles, and other charms intended to protect or ward off evil.
- Add black salt to your spells to remove curses and hexes.
- Hide a pouch of black slat at work to help calm anger, gossip, and frustrations for a more peaceful workplace.
- Toss black salt into the footsteps of someone you do not want around as they are leaving your home that you do not want to come back to help prevent their return.
- To remove someone or something from your life write their name on a sheet of paper with black slat and sweep the salt away.
Where to buy black salt
While it is incredibly easy to make your own black salt but not everyone wants to DIY but. You can buy and use culinary black salt on Amazon for your magic or head on down to your local metaphysical store to get black salt locally.