I love Mabon and very much enjoy the weather starts to cool down leading to the beginning of leaves turning colors, the tomatoes ripening on the vines, and the fresh herbs becoming ready for their last harvest of the year. Mabon is all about abundance and enjoying the best bit of fall in your life. This Spiked Apple cider is a great way to celebrate Mabon.
Celebrating Mabon with spiked apple cider
Apples are a fruit of abundance. When using apples as part of your Mabon celebrations you are helping to attract more abundance into your life.
How to make spiked apple cider
Making your own spiked apple cider is easier than you can imagine. Starting with a base of fresh apple cider from your local cider mill is a great place to start. While you are at it save some of that apple cieder to make this Apple Cider Syrup.
How to make the spiced brown sugar rim
Spicy brown sugar rim ingredients
- Brown sugar
- Ghirardelli white chocolate sauce
- On a small plate or in a dish large enough to fit the glass you are serving in, pour about a tablespoon of white chocolate sauce.
- On a similar dish pour a teaspoon of cinnamon and a tablespoon of brown sugar. Give it a stir.
- Dip the rim of your glass into the white chocolate sauce.
- Immediately dip the glass into the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture.
Apple cider cocktail recipe
- ¾ ounce of Whipped cream vodka
- ¾ ounce of White rum
- 6 ounces of Apple cider
- Sliced apples if desired as garnish (Ambrosia or golden delicious work well)
- If you would like to garnish with apple slices, place a few into the glass. The thinner you slice them the better!
- Pour ¾ ounce of whipped cream vodka and white rum into a glass. Be careful to avoid the sugared rim.
- Top with 6 ounces of apple cider.
You can serve this cocktail warm or cold. Warm the cider before adding it to your alcohol. If you prefer it cool, you can add ice.